Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Love Hack - How I Hack My Way Into Finding Love (Part 1)



At this point of this posting, nope, I have yet to find love.
But am I confident that I will find love one day? Hell yes!!!

So we have been reading TONS of relationship related articles, heard endless advices from married peers and nagging mums. How exactly do we find love for ourselves?!!! I don't know the answer for each and every individual but I think most of us fail to find love because we are not doing anything much apart from leaving the chance of our relationship in the hands of fate.

NOW I am not going to sit on my arse and wait for love to find me, I am going to give it an attempt to hack my way into love.

The two major points are:

1) Identify what I was looking for in a mate.
2) Develop my own algorithm and rules for love.

As you can sense by now, my thoughts about finding love has a lot to do with self awareness, defining yourself and identifying what you want. You have already won half the battle if you can list down in specifics, the traits you are looking for in a partner and give your best shot in trying to stick with your list (of course the list can be updated along the way)

So in the first part of my article, here's my list off the top of my head. Of course the guy doesn't have to meet all of them and some points might be a bit silly -

What are you looking for in a mate (in no particular order)
  1. He is honest
  2. He is positive
  3. Committed and faithful
  4. He is confident
  5. He understands and enjoys food. (live to eat, not eat to live)
  6. He cooks
  7. He is a traveler and has traveled to at least 3 continents
  8. Has a sense of humor
  9. He has true and close friendships
  10. He improves his physical health
  11. He knows the importance of family
  12. Balanced in life (life is not just about work work and work)
  13. He knows how to take care of himself
  14. He has a good and progressive career
  15. He weighs at least 10kg more than me at all times.
  16. He is interested in scuba diving
  17. He has temperance (moderate in action, thought, feeling and yup alcohol. Thinks before he acts)
  18. He wants to have his own family and wants kids
  19. He is intelligent and would challenge and stimulate me
  20. He understands the importance of personal space
  21. He listens
  22. He is respectful (to family, friends and strangers)
  23. He is financially savvy (knows how to take care of his money and budgeting)
  24. He is curious and adventurous about life
  25. He’s humble
  26. He knows how to occasionally let his hair down and enjoy life
  27. He is generous (not just monetary but also sharing his life and heart with his love ones)
  28. He has gratitude
  29. He seeks peace
  30. He provide guidance 
  31. He's driven 
  32. He's a good communicator
  33. He's a protector. He is able to and wants to take care of you
  34. He is in the same location (or has plans to be)
  35. He is sensitive enough to your emotions and acknowledges them.
  36. He is trustworthy
  37. He practices humility. (It’s much more admirable to find a man who can admit his wrongdoings, which in the end prevents plenty of arguments.) 
  38. He is down to Earth
  39. He is responsible
  40. He loves me for who I am, the way I am
  41. He will spend time with me
  42. He will encourage me
  43. He is proud of my accomplishments
  44. He will build me up and not tear me down
  45. He will make me feel secure and loved
  46. He doesn’t make me worry or fearful
  47. He is romantic
  48. He is passionate
  49. He is not too clingy
  50. He is mature
Long list I know!!

In the second part of my article, I will be prioritizing the list and ranking everything with a scoring system. There will of course be some deal breakers because certain things are quite important to me and I think it is critical to share some common traits for a relationship in a longer run.

I will then figure out a minimum score before I will agree to go out on a date or a different score to rank if the guy is a keeper.

This is a lot about me, me and me I know. But this is also an important exercise to find out a rough guide of what Missy Piggy looks for in a man.

Stay tune for part 2!

Love
Missy Piggy

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share the Love